Invisalign is a convenient adult orthodontic treatment that offers numerous advantages over traditional braces. However, at Baller Dental & Ortho, we want your treatment to be effective and fit your lifestyle. That’s why our dentist always explains the pros and cons of any treatment before you decide which is right for you.
The Pros and Cons of Invisalign Treatment
Let’s start by reviewing the pros and cons of Invisalign compared to traditional braces.
Pros of Invisalign
- The clear aligners are virtually invisible, so your Invisalign treatment can be your secret.
- You can remove the aligners easily for eating, drinking, and oral hygiene.
- Because the aligners are removable, there are no food restrictions
- The smooth plastic surface of Invisalign aligners won’t irritate the inside of your mouth.
- You don’t have to deal with repairs for broken wires or brackets
- You won’t have as many visits to the orthodontist for adjustments
Cons of Invisalign
- Clear aligners are less effective than braces for treating complex bite issues or rotated teeth.
- To avoid plaque buildup under your aligners, you should brush your teeth after meals before putting the aligners back in.
- To avoid staining, you should remove the aligners when consuming beverages like coffee and red wine.
- You must be compliant and wear the aligners 22 hours a day or risk treatment delays.
- You can’t smoke, vape, or use tobacco products when wearing Invisalign trays.
Despite the negatives, Invisalign is extremely popular, and over 13 million people have chosen this treatment to achieve a straight, beautiful smile.
Orthodontic Treatment Options in Aurora, CO
Dr. Holly Baller is an experienced dentist pleased to offer traditional braces and Invisalign. She will be happy to evaluate your orthodontic needs and recommend the option to help you meet your smile goals.
Please call Baller Dental & Ortho at Southlands to schedule a convenient appointment.