Humans get baby teeth followed by adult teeth. Now we have dental implants to replace failed adult teeth and act as a third set of teeth!
A titanium implant root in the jaw replaces the original tooth roots, and a natural-looking porcelain restoration replaces the tooth’s crown. The result is a tooth replacement that looks, feels, and functions just like the real thing!
If you have one or more missing teeth and want to see if dental implants are right for you, call our Aurora, CO, dental office to schedule an appointment.
To learn more about the benefits of choosing dental implants, read on!
The Many Benefits of Dental Implants
- Implants improve your appearance. Dental implants resolve the immediate problem of gaps in your smile left by missing teeth. Implants also help prevent bone loss, and since your teeth and jaws support your cheeks and lips, you can maintain a fuller, more youthful facial appearance.
- Implants can improve confidence. When you know your teeth look healthy and complete, you’re more likely to engage with others and share a laugh and a smile. You’ll start to feel more secure in your appearance, and others may even notice the subtle change in your confidence.
- Implants can last a lifetime. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made of titanium. Since titanium is biocompatible, it’s readily accepted by living tissue in your gums and integrates with the jawbone to become part of your permanent dental anatomy. With proper care, a dental implant can last a lifetime.
- Implants improve your ability to eat your favorite foods. Chewing with missing teeth is a challenge. All your teeth work together, and when one is missing, the remaining teeth must work in ways they weren’t designed to work. Replacing a missing tooth with a stable dental implant restores full, comfortable chewing function so you can continue to enjoy all the foods you had to give up because they hurt too much to chew.
- You no longer have to worry about your teeth. Unhealthy and missing teeth are a constant worry, from the lack of function to comfort and feeling self-conscious or embarrassed about your appearance. When you know your smile is complete and healthy, you won’t give your teeth a second thought—they just work.
- Implants are made of titanium and will never decay. A titanium dental implant topped with a porcelain crown will never get a cavity, but you must maintain excellent gum health or risk implant failure.
- Implants can replace a single tooth or multiple teeth. Whether you have one missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or are missing a full arch of teeth, dental implants can help you. Instead of removable dentures, implant-supported dentures and All-on-4 implants provide a stable set of teeth so you can eat, speak, and chew comfortably without worrying about slipping or shifting dentures.
Considering all these benefits and the fact that dental implants have a general success rate of up to 98 percent, you can see why over three million Americans have chosen them as a tooth replacement!
Trust an Experienced Implant Dentist in Aurora, CO
Are you interested in tooth replacement options, including dental implants? Dr. Holly Baller is an experienced dentist who offers complete implant services, from placement to restoration.
She would love to meet with you and see if you are a good candidate. Please call Baller Dental & Ortho at Southlands to schedule a convenient appointment.